Our guest today: Alyson Richman
Why she rocks: Her narrative is addicting!
Her latest: The Lost Wife
Our thoughts: Had a tough day? Then get lost in this beautiful novel.
Giveaway: ONE copy. Just leave a comment to be entered to win! We’ll choose the winners on May 31st after 8am.
ALYSON RICHMAN’S 5 SUMMER LOVES
1. Book you plan to read: You know I can’t just list one! “The Aviator’s Wife” by Melanie Benjamin, “The Art Forger” by Barbara Shapiro and “Zelda” by Erika Robuck. I love well-crafted historical fiction!
2. Vaycay or Staycay you plan to take: I’ll be in Italy for three weeks finishing up my fifth novel, “Dragonfly,” about a young, female Italian cellist who is drawn into the Resistance during WWII and sends coded messages through her music
3. Cocktail or mocktail you plan to drink: Something Italian! Maybe a glass of Campari mixed with prosecco, sparkling water, and a slice of lemon or orange. It’s called a “Venetian Spritz” and I was introduced to it while doing one of my research trips in Italy and it’s been my favorite drink ever since!
4. Music you plan to listen to: I’m slightly obsessed with the Lumineers, Mumford& Sons, and the Decembrists, so I’ll be listening to them for sure. Also, Kate Rusby and Ron Sexsmith. And I always have Natalie Merchant on my playlist….
5. Place you plan to write: This summer, I’ve rented an apartment in Mantua that’s part of an ancient palazzo. There’s a small spiral staircase that leads up to a medieval tower, and my desk will over look the city. I’m so excited to be writing in one of the cities where my next book takes place. My 7 year-old daughter and a friend will also be staying with me, so I’m hoping to go to the market every day and cook with all the local produce and, of course, drink lots of the local wine!