Our guest: Beth Harbison
Her latest book: When In Doubt, Add Butter
Why we think she rocks: Not only is she an amazeballs author, but she is great at staying connected with her fans. Speaking of…
Giveaway: 1 copy of When In Doubt, Add Butter! (US only.) Leave a comment and we’ll randomly select the winner after 6pm on June 27.
7 RANDOM QUESTIONS WITH…BETH HARBISON
1. What’s your favorite movie of all time? Why? Alfred HItchcock’s REAR WINDOW – a perfectly constructed mystery, every detail is covered. When Jimmy Stewart is up late watching out the window and falls asleep with his head cocked to the right, Thelma Rittter (the nurse) works those muscles the next day when she’s there. I also love the atmosphere of the movie, cosy NYC, and the sounds of music and voices out in the courtyard. The best aspect, though, is how the aspects of Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly’s chracters that keeps them apart in the beginning is the very thing that draws them together and helps them in their quest.
2. What’s the first thing you watch on your DVR each week? What’s been sitting unwatched for three months? I always watch the Real Housewives of anywhere in California (OC or Beverly Hills). Mad Men season 3 has been on my DVR for months and months because I haven’t gotten through season 2 yet.
3. American Idol, X Factor or The Voice? Why? American Idol. Habit. Can’t watch The Voice because it makes me think less of Adam Levine, whom I want to continue to love. Plus I cannot stand Christina Aguilera.
4. What was the first concert you ever went to? Who haven’t you seen that you’re dying to? The Eagles. At what was then Capital Center, near DC. We drank too much Southern Comfort and I recall some vomiting afterwards. I’m not into concerts, though I’d have liked to have seen Sinatra and The Beatles.
Mostly the word “concert” makes me think of “having to pee and not being able to get to a bathroom easily”.
5. What would your Oscar speech sound like? Charlie Brown’s teacher.
6. Pinterest or no interest? Ninterest. I say that now, right?….
7. If your book is made into a movie, who plays the lead role(s) Halle Berry, apparently. If I could pick a star for the latest one, WHEN IN DOUBT ADD BUTTER, it would be Kate Hudson all the way.
Liz & Lisa