I know where you are right now, and it’s so hard. With four small children underfoot, a rapidly receding publishing career behind you, and plenty of writing rejections in front, you’re thinking, why? Why put myself through it? Why even consider a career at all? You don’t earn enough to pay for the childcare. You’re a better mum staying at home with the children. Life is stressful enough, why add any more?
I want you to take a deep breath and know this:
1) Your children will grow up. Hang in there and it will happen.
2) You have people rooting for you who think you can write. Believe them.
3) You hard work and persistence will pay off eventually.
4) Even the year you spend pushing a double buggy to and from school will come in handy. It’s how you work out the plot for your first published novel.
5) Everyone needs a bit of fairy dust. Some will eventually come your way.
6) Getting published is just the beginning.
7) Every time you start a book it feels like the first time.
8) It gets harder, not easier
9) Never ever take it for granted….
10) And remember, nothing is ever wasted for a writer.
Although it seems like it will never happen, I promise you it will. And you should never stop thanking your lucky stars it has.
Good luck and see you on the other side,