Our guest: Molly Shapiro
Her book: Point, Click, Love
Why we think she rocks: Her sexy novel is one of our faves of the year!
Giveaway: One copy of Point, Click, Love (US only)
1. What’s your favorite movie of all time? Why?“The Sound of Music.” I pretty much weep throughout, but they’re tears of joy! For some reason, I just find it enormously comforting. But after about 30 or so viewings, I think I might have hit my limit.
2. What’s the first thing you watch on your DVR each week? What’s been sitting unwatched for three months? One of the few shows I watch religiously is “The Bachelor/Bachelorette.” I’ve actually been watching ever since the first season. Over the years, I’ve gotten a little frustrated and annoyed with the show, but I just can’t seem to break away. There’s something oddly relaxing about the repetitiveness of it all.
I record “The Daily Show” and “The Colbert Report,” but I just can’t keep up! It’s kind of like when I used to subscribe to “The New Yorker” and they’d just sit in a pile on my dining room table.
3. American Idol, X Factor or The Voice? Why? I started watching American Idol the first season, and now my kids are way into it. Last season with Scotty McCreery was a dud, but I have to say this year is way better with lots of great talent. The only thing I can’t stand are the judges. I find them completely inane and barely able to put a sentence together. And I don’t like when they rip apart a perfectly lovely singer (e.g., Hollie) and give her nonsensical advice (e.g., “You have to OWN it!”). What does that mean???
4. What was the first concert you ever went to? Who haven’t you seen that you’re dying to?I saw the Police in high school and it was amazing. The best part was when we went to their hotel after the concert and waited in the lobby to meet them. No one else was there, so when Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers sauntered in, we had them all to ourselves. Just some innocent chatting!
I don’t go to many concerts anymore, but I think it would be fun to see Jack Johnson. He’s a cutie.
5. What would your Oscar speech sound like? Very grateful, definitely humble and hopefully funny.
6. Pinterest or no interest? No interest.
7. If your book is made into a movie, who plays the lead role(s)? I could see the four female leads played by Sandra Bullock, Laura Linney, Rachel McAdams and Emily Blunt. As for the men, several of my actor crushes would fit in nicely: Greg Kinnear, Ryan Reynolds, Clive Owen and Jake Gyllenhaal.