Our guest: Kate Rockland
Why we think she rocks: Her writing is sassy yet insightful, a delightful combination!
Giveaway: One copy of 150 Pounds! Leave a comment here and you’ll be entered to win. We’ll choose the winners on Monday May 7th after 6pm PST.
7 RANDOM QUESTIONS WITH…KATE ROCKLAND
1. What’s your favorite movie of all time? Why? This is a hard one. I think 16 Candles. Or maybe Mermaids. I loved those coming of age movies. I also watched The Breakfast Club about once a week, and Harold and Maude a lot. I loved Harold and Maude, because Harold was so weird.
2. What’s the first thing you watch on your DVR each week? What’s been sitting unwatched for three months? I’ve been really into The Closer lately. I got kind of obsessed with it. My husband picked out some shows that are coming on Netflix which I’m less enthused about, such as Sons of Anarchy.
3. American Idol, X Factor or The Voice? Why? I can’t really stand reality television. But at least these shows feature talented people. I just like The Voice because I like Christina’s new curvy figure and I like to see what crazy outfit she’s wearing each week.
4. What was the first concert you ever went to? Who haven’t you seen that you’re dying to? I saw Bruce Springsteen a lot when I was younger, my mom had this awesome t-shirt from his Born to Run tour that I’d wear to bed every night. In high school I went to about a thousand Rusted Root concerts. I think I was the only one there not high.
5. What would your Oscar speech sound like? I would thank my husband, my parents, my son, my unborn baby in my belly, and my cat, Elizabeth Taylor Diamond Eyes. That’s her real name!
6. Pinterest or no interest? I actually just signed up for Pinterest! I haven’t figured it out completley yet, but I’m excited about it.
7. If your book is made into a movie, who plays the lead role(s)? I think Reese Witherspoon would make a great Alexis, either her or maybe Megan Fox. I think Megan Fox looks mean enough, but she’d have to dye her hair blonde. For Shoshana, I’m thinking Megan McCarthy or another actress willing to pack on 50 pounds. Come on ladies, it’s a challenge!