Who’s your favourite chick lit author?

Who’s your favourite chick lit author? And do you remember which author first got you interested in chick lit? Please comment away.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Who’s your favourite chick lit author?

1. Kevin Loh says:

Hi! My favourite authors are Sophie Kinsella and Lindsey Kelk! They are so good, I can’t decide who’s better? I mean, they have their own writing styles and I love them!
    Firstly, Sophie Kinsella writes in a way no other writer could ever write except maybe dream about doing so. She makes Becky so real in my head and it’s shocking sometimes that Bex and I think alike! Like really alike! I too would say a Prada skirt is a household item! Sophie Kinsella writes classic yet modern chick lit! I love Becky to bits and she’s my inspiration! I have ALL her books!
    Well, not to forget about Lindsey Kelk! The great Brit who left her homeland for NYC! I would never be so bold to do such a thing! But she’s fab and really inspiring to me. Her writing style is different from Sophie Kinsella’s but not that it’s bad or anything, but I love it! It’s fresh, quirky and sharp! Angela is like the sister I never had! (Though I love my sister, I just hope she’s more like Bex or Angie. Maybe just dress sense!) I too have all of Lindsey Kelk’s books. I’m currently awaiting for The Single Girl’s To-do List and possibly I Heart Vegas, perhaps?

2. pamelaging says:

Sophie Kinsella and Lindsey Kelk!

3. Cathy says:

I love Sophie Kinsella and Lindsey Kelk also!! My favorites are Emily Giffin, Marian Keyes, Sophie Kinsella and Candace Busnell. With the excpetion of Emily Giffin (who I only began reading in late 2009!), the other four I mentioned were my first introduction to Chick lit back in 2000/2001; although I always say that I feel like authors such as Judy Blume, Billie Letts and Francine Pascal and the books I read by them as a teen were all precursors to my love of chick lit. Great question! Can’t wait to hear from everyone else!

4. Chanpreet says:

I can’t recall the first chick lit book I read. It may have been A Kept Woman/ For All the Wrong Reasons by Louise Bagshawe or Jemima J by Jane Green. I’d been an avid romance novel reader until then, and HEA in any form was what I craved. Today I read more chick lit than any other genre.

My favorite authors, in no particulate order are: Louise Bagshawe, Paige Toon, Carole Matthews, Sophie Kinsella, Jane Green, Marian Keyes, Sasha Wagstaff, Sarah Harvey, Phillipa Ashley, Rekha Waheed, Adena Halpern, Megan Crane, Hester Browne, Christina Jones, Chris Manby, Fiona Walker, Harriet Evans, Jill Mansell, and Katie Fforde. These are my must read/buy authors.

5. Nina says:

Even though she writes YA, I have to say Sarah Dessen is my favorite “Chick-Lit” author! (I can count it even if it’s teen chick lit, right?!) Though, Emily Giffin and Jane Green are the ones responsible for getting me passionately into the genre! And after seeing you many of you mention Lindsey Kelk it looks like I am going to have to give her a try!!

6. Aedin Duff says:

My favourite authors are as follows Patricia Scanlan, Marian Keyes, Jill Mansell, Erin Kaye,Sarah Webb, Mairead O Driscoll, Kate Thompson, Mary O Sullivan, Clodagh Murphy, Anita Notaro, Claudia Carroll,Zoe Miller, Melissa Hill, Emma Hannigan, Kate Mc Cabe, Sharon Owens, Michelle Jackson, Pauline Lawless, Fiona O Brien, Fiona Cassidy, Collette Caddle, Sinead Moriarty, Geraldine O Neill, Sophie Kinsella, Sheila O Flanagan, cathy kelly, Emma Heatherington, Martina Reilly, Claire Allen, Tara Heavey, Ciara Geraghty,Roisin Meaney, Claire Dowling, Linda Kavanagh, to name but a few. My earliest was Maeve Binchy the queen of chick lit .

7. Zorana says:

My favorite author is definitely Paige Toon. I love her style, I love how her books have bonds with each other, I love all her characters. And I can’t wait for this summer and reading again about Johnny on the beach 🙂
    Except her I like Sophie Kinsella, she is a great writer, but I have to say that last two books I really didn’t like.
    Recently I read Ali McNamara and Ruth Saberton and can’t wait to read more form them. Two days ago I got my ordered copy of Ruth’s second novel and I am looking forward to reading it 🙂
    And last but not least I can’t finish this without mentioning Lisa Jewell and her lovely books.

8. I have several favourite authors, but it was reading Sophie Kinsella’s ‘Remember Me?’ that made me finally say ‘Okay, I AM going to write a novel.’
    I’d had thoughts of writing one for years, and a couple of other books got me more interested, but after reading that one I made the decision to do it. Now, I’ve finished the first one and am working on the second! 🙂

9. Melissa A says:

That’s like asking me to pick my favorite child!
    For starters…Sue Margolis, Marian Keyes, Sophie Kinsella, Cecelia Ahern, Jen Weiner, Jane Green, Rowan Coleman, Lauren Weisberger, Emily Giffin, Sarah Pekkanen, Caprice Crane…and that’s just to name a few! 🙂
    Bridget Jones’s Diary got me interested in chick lit. Then I read “See Jane Date” by Melissa Senate a few years later and got on a huge chick lit kick from then on.

10. Agi says:

I started my chick – lit adventure with Sophie Kinsella’s “Can you keep a secret?”. Then it was like a little snowball getting bigger and bigger, and it will probably soon explode because I won’t have any place in my book cupboard. My absolute favourited are Jill Mansell and Marian Keyes, among the others, and lately I fell in love with Ruth Saberton.

11. Jeryl M. says:

My favorite authors are Jodi Picoult, Eileen Gould, and Joy Fielding. Not sure if all or any of them are considered to be Chick Lit authors though.

12. Susana Menéndez says:

Marian keyes, Lisa Jewell, Sophie Kisella (not Becky) and Helen Fielding for Bridges Jones (One of my firsts). Lloyd, Josie – Rees, Emlyn (Finalmente juntos, don’t know in english), Jane Green (Nadie es perfecto -in spanish-)

Regards,

13. Stephanie S. says:

My favorite is Jennifer Weiner, she is also the one who got me into chick lit. Now I can’t get enough!!

14. Jencey says:

My first chick lit author was Lauren Weisberger and her book The Devil Wears Prada. I had just seen the movie and bought the book. I loved reading the book the first time. I just recently read it again for a second time.

15. Ricky says:

Marisa Mackle (Mr Right for the Night), Sophie Kinsella (Remember Me?) and Marian Keyes (Sushi for Beginners).

16. karnika says:

i love all chick lit books actually…i wanted to try out new authors but, dint know ho to try who were similar to sophie kinsella, cause she just simply rocks! its my dream to seriously meet her one day..so anyways, i like me cabot style too..it’s pretty cool. but, sophie kinsella soo rocks! THE BEST!

17. Pie says:

I’m a new reader of Chick-Lit and Sophie Kinsella blow me off and makes me addicted to it. I’m looking for another author just like her cause im finished reading almost all of her single novels. :)) She never fail to make me feel happy just by simply reading her works. I fell in love with the main characters.. Poppy, Emma, Samantha, Sadie, Lara, and Lexi. :)) I love them all. :)) I wonder if Sophie’s making a new novel.. 🙂 I will wait for it. :)) Her single novel should be turn into movies..:))

18. Christy says:

Definitely Sophie Kinsella. I’ve read a lot of chick lit books, but nothing tops her. I was in love with Luke Brandon from the moment I set eyes on him. He has this banner on top of his head that says “DREAM GUY HERE!!!”. Ugh.
    I’m too obsessed.

19. Dana says:

Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Kristen Higgins, rachel Gibson, Jennifer Crusie, and lindsey kelk…..,SEP is probably the one that got me hooked